Sunday, October 28, 2007
Harry Potter stickers
Stitch markers in Ravenclaw clours and SRK Kertzer 2.5 bamboo dps, I love trying new dpn needle manufactureres, nothing like broadening the horizons.
Cookie A's Gothic Spire sock pattern, a new pattern by one of my favorite sock designers.
Tammy will be opening her own Etsy shop very soon and sent me a skein of her sock yarn. Faery Fiber in Halloween Fun colourway.
Friday, October 26, 2007
The yarn is Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in shocking pink. I had the black suede base, in fact I have several of them in different colours, I made up my own pattern, and added a great little bead pull.
The directions that comes with the base has you knit the bag in the round and then sew it to the base (the base has tiny holes already punched), I thought there had to be a better way, and there was. I used a tiny crochet hook, and crocheted a single chain around the base, picked up the stitches with a 16" circular knitting needle and knitted in the round, finishing with a picot cast off.
I lined the bag using a pink and black cotton fabric square I also had in the stash. I have the same yarn in blue, a navy base, and blue cotton in the stash, and will be working on another one very soon.
As for the Christmas present stash, I have a baby hat finished, a vintage baby cardigan, a hat and sweater for our 2 year old granddaughter blocking upstairs, a knitted "pirate" hat and five more pairs of socks yet to show. James has requested two scarves a brown and a blue one, I have Gems for the brown one and Fleece Artist for the blue, and I have semi-solids for a log cabin cable sock I am toying with.
I love knitting from the stash no nasty bills in January.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
a. The Tales of Beedle the Bard
2. Whose sign was on Xenophilius Lovegood's chest?
3. Was October 30, 1980 the night that Lilly and James Potter died?
4. What's another name for the Elder Wand?
5. Whose Potterwatch code name was 'Rodent'?
6. What was so special about the peacocks at the Malfoy Manor?
d . They were all white
7. Who does Harry say was "probably the bravest man I knew?"
8. What thing was Lockhart giving Hagrid advice about getting out of a well?
9. What was the occupation of Colin Creevey's father?
10. Which Professor of Hogwarts was a dueling champion when he was young?
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Bertie Botts Beans
Jenean's first HSKS kit
(Bonus Point: Who made the kit?)
Monday, October 15, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
I can't thank "J" enough for being such a thoughtful and caring "santa", that she would think of sending these adorable toys for the dogs and cat to enjoy, you really are the best "secret santa" ever.
Monday, October 8, 2007
The Sock is knitted using Seacoast in Cobbler,
I think it turned out rather pretty.
I think I will post the package this weekend, as I want it to arrive in time for Halloween enjoyment.
The weather man just informed us that this is a new record breaking day in Pittsburgh, 90 degrees we shattered the old October 8th recored set in 1916 of 86 degrees. Come on Friday, I need to feel those 60's.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
1. In Deathly Hallows what does Harry step on when exiting his room to wash his cut?
2. Which two members of the Order of Phoenix came to escrot the Dursleys to a safe place?
Diggle and Jones
3. In order to throw off the Death Eaters, several of Harry's friends take Polyjuice Potion to resemble him and each Harry goes with a different member of the Order of the Phoenix to a different location. Where do Ron (disguised as Harry) and Tonks go?
4. At Bill and Fleur's wedding, Harry must disguise himself by taking Polyjuice Potion and takes on the appearnce of a redheaded Muggle boy from Ottery St. Catchpol. He was introduced to wedding guests as Cousin . . .
5. Kingsley sends a message via Patronus to warn the Weasleys and wedding guests of the coming Death Eaters. What form does his Patronus take?
6. In the Half-Blood Prince what drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
7. What is the name of the person that heads the Holyhead Harpies?
8. What tatoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
9. What color robes do the staff at Weasley's shop wear?
10. Where do Nicolas Flamel and his wife Perenelle live?
Picture Scavenger Hunt
A Gryffindor Quidditch Uniform
A Hufflepuff Quidditch Uniform
A Ravenclaw Quidditch Uniform
A Slytherin Quidditch Uniform
A Picture of the Room of Requirement
Monday, October 1, 2007
I received an email from the Harvest Sock Pal who is knitting for me but not from my Christmas Pal, looking forward to making contact.