Monday, December 3, 2007

Swedish Gnome


I finished this little sprite yesterday. He's an Alan Dart design from a Christmas supplement that Simply Knitting had a few years back. I have knitted a few of over the years, they make wonderful last minute gifts. It takes only a few hours to knit and another couple of hours to finish and stuff. My knitting group is having the exchange gift we draw numbers and choose a bag, he will be headed sit under an other tree on Wednesday.
Spending Thanksgiving in Boulder was wonderful and to see James even better, although he will be home on the 22nd I still miss him. We head to New York on Thursday to see Rob, Sherry, Avery and Rocky (Avery's new horse). I get to go shopping on Friday before heading out to Long Island, it's a sort of a whirlwind trip as we will be home Sunday evening.
We spent the last three days decorating the house, inside and out, we look full of Christmas spirit. I wrote the Christmas letter on Thursday, addressed and signed the cards and they are in the mail today. We are almost finished with the shopping, I will spend a day next week wrapping and sending out packages, I have a few more treats to bake but in general we are finished with the majority of the Christmas "stress".
It is bitterly cold and windy today, with flurries, I turned the lights on the tree on at noon and every time I turn to look at it I can see the snow coming down behind it.

No comments: