Thursday, April 30, 2009

Liesl


My new favorite top down cardigan is Liesl. The beautiful Liesl by Ysolda Teague, it is the perfect summer cover up. This my second Liesl, in RYC Soft Lux, I had four balls in the stash and it took four balls to knit. Casting off was a leap of faith, as this was all I had left to weave in.


I did the picot bind off on the the sleeves and a regular bind off on the bottom band. I knitted the 38" size as I was going to give it as a gift, but after trying it on and wearing it yesterday morning over summer jammies, I think I shall keep it for myself - I like the bed jacket feel.

Number one is hanging in the closet and number three is on the needles.

I have owned Coraline for ages and will definately have it on the needles before winter comes. I am also eager to have a go at Sandrine, using the Trinity I have in stash. I like the cross over but will shorten the sleeves to 3/4 length, I am getting to that age where I don't want fussy around the wrists.

No comments: