Monday, November 5, 2007

Harvest Sock Swap Package

My Harvest Sock Swap pal went overboard, and really spoiled me this Halloweeen. Missy, who lives in Florida, wanted me to have a Spooktacular Halloween, and when I opened her package I did.


A cute little Halloween bear from the Diabetes Association.

The sock yarn is Trekking 110 (teal/rust/orange), and I love it It looks like a cute little pumpkin of yarn waiting to be knitted.

The solo sock, waiting for a mate, the pattern is "Charade" (yes Audrey Hepburn) by Sandra Park. (It's available in a pdf)

Missy found these wonderful stitch markers, that match the yarn colours.

Treats for Noir, who cannot thank you enough.

Treats for me, who also cannot thank you enough.

The dogs were not left out, a squeeky pumpkin bone, and a great "tug-o-war" ghost.

As you can see Noir and the catnip duck became quick friends.

Miss Islay has taken the ghost and won't give it back.


This was a wonderful swap to participate in and Missy was a wonderful downstream pal. I am really looking forward to starting the "mate" when I finish the two pairs I have on the needles at present.
Lee in California (my upstream pal) is unfortunately waiting for her package, I left out a number in her address and the post office (after three weeks) returned it to me on Friday. She has asked that I wait a few days to mail it so on Thursday I will take it to the post office and remail it, this time with the correct address.

1 comment:

Wool Girl said...

What a wonderful package!