1. Are you religious?
Yes – Scots Presbyterian
2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced?
I have been knitting on and off most of my life, I would say
over 30 years, I would consider myself Intermediate to
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting?
Movies – especially the 30’s and 40’s
Collecting sock yarn
4. Favorite color(s)?
Fall brights, oranges, browns, deep reds, berry colours, deep
blues, and purples. I am not fond of pastel colours.
5. Do you collect anything?
China teapots, rabbits, sock yarn, stray animals.
6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals?
7. Do you have any pets?
Yes, 4 dogs and 1 long haired cat.
8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate?
Tea drinker, but not flavored, plain simple black tea with milk.
9. Cookies or Sweets?
10. Do you knit socks?
Doesn’t everyone – they are my passion.
11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits)
I also knit sweaters, mittens, hats, scarves, blankets, baby items
12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do?
Live Christmas tree, every year.
13. Favorite holiday treats?
Shortbread, ginger cake, fruit cake (with lots of brandy).
14. Favorite holiday smells?
Ginger, cinnamon, pine, mincemeat.
15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate.
Very traditional, snow, tree, carols, fire, punch, red, green,
silver, Rudolph, Christmas Carol, Wonderful Life – that kind of
16. What are your favorite holiday traditions?
Buying the tree the week after Thanksgiving, making punch
from the same recipe each year, baking shortbread, making my
own fruitcake and mincemeat
17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....”
Family and friends.
18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….?
I would be “Holly Cow”, 24 years ago we bought an angel cow
dressed in a holly dress, with wings and a halo, she has been the
ornament on the top of our tree ever since.
19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given?
My husband gave me a string of pearls for our first Christmas.
The favorite gift I gave was an entire set of Royal Doulton China
to my parents for their 25th wedding anniversary. (They were
married on New Year’s Eve) – my mother couldn’t stop crying.
20. When do you start your Christmas?
We always start putting up decorations on the 7th of December.
That’s the date we decorated the house and the tree when I was
a child and we keep the same tradition.
21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them?
Yes, we buy them, but it takes me ages to pick out just the right
22. What is your favorite Christmas dish?
Brussel sprouts – you have to be from the UK to understand.
23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do?
Open the door, join in, then ask them in for a drink.
24. When do you open presents? Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both?
We celebrate Christmas with family. New Year’s we celebrate
with both family and friends.