Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I"m in the book

While in Barnes and Noble last weekend, I happened to notice they had two copies of the new Nicky Epstein felting book, Knitting Never Felt Better I was surprised to see it as I thought it wasn't coming out until the end of the month, but there it was. I approached it will glee, snatched it up and quickly began to rifle through the pages. I found the page, then went to find Bill - he just had to see.



He was where is always is in bookstores, the tech isle. I know that I must have been beaming like a fool when he looked at me. "I'm in the book", I said.


There was my name on page 97, (the colourwork section of the book). As I had submitted a few tips I wasn't sure which one they had used, now I know. Even though I am to receive a signed copy of the book (a thank you for my tip), I couldn't leave the book in the store, not when I can provide it a safe home, Bill agreed whole heartedly. (This technique has worked for almost 25 years of our marriage, how do you think I got the four dogs).

This will be my first project from the book, the Angel Puff Scarf, knitted with Rowan Kidsilk Haze. I would like mine a little longer so will use two balls instead of the one suggested in the pattern (have some in the stash).
It's a wonderful book, you will not be disappointed if you purchase it. I am a huge fan of Nicky's, she is a very inventive, creative artist, yet she never seems to over complicate what she does. Her patterns are straight forward, easy to follow, and the finished product looks just as it should.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations Isobel - I will have to remember that tip and I absolutely love the Angel Puff Scarf, I might have to make one, add it to the long list.

Barbara said...

These do look pretty. I have just posted a knitting post!!!! come see.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Isobel. I can understand how excited you must have been. And I love that scarf. Is that all one scarf or 3 different coloured ones?

Love
Helen