Monday, May 21, 2007

Sockapalooza 4

The pattern and yarn for Sockapalooza 4. The pattern is Saucy by Cider Moon, a free PDF, an easy cable with a great heel and toe combination.




The yarn took awhile to find, I had a rummage through the stash but I couldn't find yarn to suit. I ordered yarn online, but when it arrived it just didn't seem right for what I had in mind.


Another rummage through the stash and careful reading of my pals information brought me to this, Wildflowers, dyed by Dani Frisbi at Sunshine Yarns. It fits the bill to a tee. The yarn is super soft with a slight bloom, 100% superwash merino.


I think the yarn colours will be perfect for the pattern, bright, vivid, vibrant and flowery - perfect winter sock when one dreams of summer.
Will post pictures of progress when I start.
Rowan Exchange pictures tomorrow. I started the first project, but changed by mind and frogged out - restarted with a new pattern and am enjoying this one much better.

3 comments:

Arianwen said...

you have some wonderful yarn in your stash. That is reministant of smarties the colours are gorgeous!

La Cabeza Grande said...

Good choices, both pattern and yarn! I love Dani's fibers.

Sonya said...

You know you are way far gone as a sock knitter when you start admiring the heel. What can I say? Love the Eye of Partridge myself. Guilty as charged - a lovely choice Isobel!