Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Exchange, Hats, Tart and Pup

Finished my Rowan Exchange gift.

Beaded scarf and felted hat in Jo Sharp Alpaca Kid Lustre in Bright. Socks in Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome (which has just come on the market). The clay moose pin on the hat is wearing a little Santa hat, as my theme was winter. I love the glorious berry colours, I hope they please my rowanette as much as they please me. The beads do not go all through the scarf but on the border of each end, I thought it might be uncomfortable to have so many beads around your neck, to to mention the weight of the finished scarf. The socks are ss with an eye of partridge heel and slip stitch toe. I love this yarn, wonderful to knit with, the colours are lucious and the fit the bill for winter socks, not to light but not to weighty either. Now the fun begins, I get to put in a few knitting goodies and treats for my exchange partner. It will be in the post next week, on it's way to....................shhh it's a secret.


CHARMED KNITS


Two Griffindor hats for the Charmed Knits KAL.
Will have these in the mail by the weekend. It's not to late if you want to join and knit a few hats for a very worthy charity.

BERRY TART

Bill stopped at a farmers market stall on his way home from Buffalo and picked up the delicate and tiny strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I whipped up a crust, layered it with sweetened low fat cream cheese, made a strawberry jelly, mixed in the fruit and let the whole thing set up. I loved the colours so much I had to take a picture.


THE PUP

Cooling herself on the leather couch, it hit 90 today (it was 81 by 7:30 am).

No mad dogs or English men in this house.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thanks for your sweet comments Isobel. The fruit tart, well my mouth was watering for some.