Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sock Knitting at the US Open


My WH got tickets for us to see the last practice round at Oakmont for the US Open. We left home this morning at about 6:45, parked at Hartwood Acres, borded a school bus, entered the PA Turnpike from a private road and arrived a little before 8:00. I will explain about the "Loopy Contest" tomorrow and show you pictures of the golfers we saw, and provide more detail on the wonderful day we had. While waiting for people to tee off on #3 I pulled out my sock and started to knit, Bill couldn't resist taking this picture. The yarn is the new Sockittome in Black Cherry, I am loving the way this yarn knits - simple ss sock, with an eye of partridge hell and a slip stitch toe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to carry a knitting bag and a handbag but these halfknitted socks fit into handbags so easily. I never dread waiting, now.

Anonymous said...

i love it.

what better time to knit than while watching golf on a lovely green.

Barbara said...

Thanks for yourkind comments Isobel. Now my husband will be jealous if I tell him you hve been to the US Open. Beautiful wools as always. Did you see my lovely bag?