Wednesday, January 24, 2007

LIZARD RIDGE




My 12 completed
Lizard Ridge squares, and the yarn needed to complete the blanket.

The pattern is very easy to follow and actually fun to knit as the squares knit up rather quickly. It's short row shaping, lots of wrap and turn, although I am not picking up the wraps, my personal choice. When the squares are completed you join them using Cascade and pick up and knit a border all around. When you see the completed picture on Knitty you will have to knit this blanket, the colours and flow of the pattern are amazing. It can be knitted two ways, 24 individual squares or knitted all in one, pattern directions for both are on the site. I know that there a some knitters who are not fond of the way Kueryon knits up, the constantly changing colour, but for me that is the appeal. When I started during the summer I had enough yarn to finish 1/2 the blanket, I held off finising as only one of my LYS sells Noro, and it's about a 45 minute drive and they only stock a few colour choices. Early in January Rams Wool, had a 2 day 30% of everything in stock sale. I took advantage of buying the Noro and the Mission Falls 1824 that I needed to finish and start both blankets. I am almost 100% sure that I will finish the Lizard Ridge before I begin the Log Cabin. If you are interest in the Lizard Ridge there is also a KAL that you can join while you are in the process of knitting.

1 comment:

Connie said...

That's it now Isobel - I'm sunk I have to knit that blanket! It's gorgeous!
Connie