Saturday, January 13, 2007

Socks X3

As promised new socks.

Dad's birthday socks, he should have them by the end of the month. The pattern is The Gentlemen's Sock with Lozenge Pattern from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. Yarn is Mysical Creations Sock Yarn in Emerald Forest. I love the yarn and the pattern is turning out very nicely it's a simple 10 row repeat. I measured dad's foot when he was here at Thanksgiving, so I now they will fit. I wanted you to see my "inside out" knitting in the round. I turned all the socks the right way around for the pictures.

My Spinning Bunny Blueberries, simple straight forward stst, I take them to my weekly WW meeting, I needed them to be mindless knitting while I listen to the leader. Very pretty colour and I love the sheen to the yarn, the yarn feels wonderful in your hand as you knit. (Yarn bought from Connie at Pick Up Sticks)

The socks that I am sending to Connie of Pick Up Sticks. She kindly donated the WW multi yarn, and I am using odds and ends to fill in as I hope to knit socks and mittens from the donated yarn. I am making the pattern and colour changes up as I go along. Once knitted they will be gently felted. Should be finished by Wednesday will let you know how the finished product turns out.
If you are a sock knitter and looking for a way to support the wonderful girls at Blue Moon Fiber Arts, after the terrible situation that their "bank" placed them in earlier this week. Check out Sonya's inspirational button, and post it on your blog.
Thank goodness, that the situation has been resolved and we can once again knit socks without suspicion. SOCK KNITTER'S RULE!!!!!

No comments: